Monday 9 May 2011

Moms...damn we're hard on each other...

So ya...today I am talking Moms...
yep..a day after Mother's Day....   cause I'm a Mom...  I took the day off yesterday....  my no guilt day....  when does that happen??!!  :)

Couple of things I've read over the years have stood out to me....
(Let's be honest...the fact I still remember them now....  some days I can't remember my own name!)

We judge...it's what us ladies do....

I watched an author on Oprah talk about a book she was getting serious reaction over.....hence the Oprah interview....   In it, she said she loved her husband more than her kids.  (gasp....)  Maybe she just didn't explain it well.... It's a different love.  Separate.  Not to be compared.

And then I recently read an article where a woman said it was crap....the whole line about how kids make up for the all the hard work....giving back with their smiles and milestones....  It does kinda sugar coat the reality of motherhood.  Ladies...I have to agree with her.  The vast majority of us want to give off the image we're perfect and our kids are the best....that's friggin hard to keep up. 

I really think if we all stopped judging each other we would all have an easier time being moms. 

It's damn hard.  Harder than I thought it would be, because I'm desperate to maintain a sizable chunk of me....and some days that's almost impossible.

I'd say a good day could be defined as a break even day... 

If you get out of the house, showered, no stains on the clothes....cheers to You I say!  Cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment